School groups are invited to visit the ship for a one-of-a-kind experience.
• World’s longest LEGO© Brick Model Ship of the Queen Mary in the Shipyard Room
• Ship Gallery with ship-builder models
• The Queen Mary Historic Exhibit — a visual narrative of the ship’s history
• Original artifacts, frescoes, and other designs from the Art Deco period
• Hands-on exploration of a living landmark from a bygone era
• Full Steam Ahead: The Queen Mary Project — A short film introduces students to the ship and its history.
• 4-D movies are also available.
All tours include a short film in the theater to introduce students to the Queen Mary.
Queen Mary educators lead students on a one-hour, grade-specific, tour highlighting key areas of the ship and history.
A visit offers a meaningful field trip that will connect to your classroom curriculum.
K-2nd grade: A City at Sea guided tour
3rd-5th grade: Full STEAM Ahead guided tour
6-8th grade: STEAM-Science Technology Engineering Art & Math-guided tour
9-12th grade: Customized tour options are available to meet your class needs
Queen Mary educators assist students with discussions and hands-on opportunities
on the ship.
3–5th grade: Energy at Sea — After a discussion of how the Queen Mary is powered, student groups will engineer their own boats and compete with classmates to test their seaworthiness and speed.
• For groups of 24 or more only.
• $7 student admission includes movie and one-hour educator led tour and a Junior Officer Guide handout.
• One adult chaperone is admitted free with every 10 paid student admissions. Additional adult chaperones are welcome at the student-rate admission fee.
• Free bus parking and dedicated lunch area for students and chaperones.
Please email email@example.com or call 562-499-1718 for more details and to book your class field trip today!