Headquartered in Orange County, CA, Evolution Hospitality is one of the top privately-owned hotel management companies in the US. Evolution Hospitality has a well-defined vision, a strong sense of values and guiding principles, and a long-range, quality-minded approach to business. From unassuming beginnings with a single property, today Evolution Hospitality is recognized as a first-class operator of hotels.
We are proud to offer candidates a dynamic career, personal growth, a strong tradition of mutual trust, integrity and an opportunity to make an impact on the business. Simply put, it means that it feels a bit different to work here. We are universally driven by our fundamental values and beliefs. At Evolution Hospitality, all associates are selected and evaluated on two criteria equally: results and culture. Honesty and humility are equally important as intellect and ability, and each member of the team embraces the challenge of becoming a better human being, both personally and professionally, as part of the package. Superstars are those individuals that not only create value for the company but also genuinely embrace and live Evolution Hospitality’s unique culture.
Are you ready to evolve? If you are interested in establishing a solid career and taking giant strides in personal growth, Evolution Hospitality is just the family you’re looking for.
We are currently looking for a highly motivated, determined, well spoken and experienced Catering Sales Manager – Weddings who understands the meaning of “hunting” to proudly sell our Queen Mary property in the wedding market. Located in the Port of Long Beach, the Queen Mary features a rich maritime history, authentic Art Deco décor, and stunning views of the Pacific Ocean and Long Beach city skyline. At the time of her maiden voyage in May of 1936, she was considered the grandest ocean liner ever built. Today the Queen Mary is one of Los Angeles’ major attractions, drawing visitors from around the world. The Queen Mary boasts 346 staterooms spanning three decks including nine full suites which have hosted a variety of colorful characters from World War II leaders to British royalty and the stars of Hollywood’s golden era. The ship also features 80,000 square feet of event space in 17 remarkable Art Deco salons as well as a tri-level, 45,000-square-foot Exhibit Hall; signature restaurants including the award-winning Sir Winston’s and Chelsea Chowder House & Bar; and a selection of retail shops. History buffs enjoy the ship’s museum and Behind the Scenes tour, while guests of all ages love the Ghosts and Legends tour and special events such as Scottish Festival, Dark Harbor, and concerts that are hosted on or by the ship throughout the year.
As a Catering Sales Manager in the Wedding Market, you’ll be primarily responsible for ensuring that revenue goals are achieved or exceeded by soliciting, developing and closing wedding market business.
Key responsibilities of a Catering Sales Manager include:
- Consistently meet or exceed established booking goals
- Solicit wedding business via direct sales, referrals, bridal shows and vendors
- Establishing a strong networking presence within the local hotel community
- Create awareness of contracted weddings to all hotel departments in a timely manner to facilitate efficient purchasing, scheduling and staffing
- Develop relationships with local vendors for table arrangements, limousines, photographers, and referrals
- Assisting in the development of customized banquet menus and pricing
- Conduct site inspections with potential clients
- Maintaining accuracy of Catering information in DELPHI
The ideal Catering Sales Manager – Wedding Market candidate will have a minimum of two (2) years experience as a Catering Sales Manager with a proven track record of success specifically in booking weddings in a hotel venue. If you have high performance standards, a high level of enthusiasm and a desire to thrive in a fast-paced team environment, then you just might be the candidate that we’re looking for!
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- Demonstrated ability to achieve sales goals
- Two or more years of weddings sales experience at a similar size and quality hotel
- Strong teamwork skills including the ability to lead, cooperate, motivate and contribute as part of a team with representatives from multiple disciplines and various levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to understand customer requirements and translating these into sales solutions
- Ability to be assertive and persuasive without being aggressive
- Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action
- Strong organizational skills including follow up, time management, ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and written, clearly and directly with guests using a positive, clear speaking voice
- Professional and friendly demeanor with a positive attitude
- Working knowledge of MS Word and DELPHI a plus
- Ability to work a varied schedule that will include weekends and some evenings